Here are just some of exciting things that will be happening in Year 6 this year:
- Residential Trip to Bowles
- Visit to Newhaven Fort as part of our WW2 topic
- WW2 Evacuation including theatre company
- Junior Citizen – where we learn what it means to be a good citizen
- End of year production
We are excited for the year ahead and are looking forward to all the fun and engaging learning experiences that we have planned!
Below is our Curriculum Overview for the spring term:
Y6 Overview – Spring 1
You will receive homework every Wednesday and this should be completed and returned to your class teacher by the following Monday. It will include reading, spellings and maths. Please see below for your latest homework.
- Your maths homework will be a series of questions that you time yourselves on and Self Mark
- Spellings will include 10 to 14 words
- Your reading needs to have 4 entries - showing what you have read and signed by your parent
But try and read every night!
Meet the Team
Welcome to Year Six (Key Stage 2).
There are 3 classes in Year Six; Silver Birch, Mountain Ash and Field Maple.
||Mrs T Groves (Silver Birch)
||Miss L Laughton (Mountain Ash)
Mr M Moore (Field Maple)
Mr B Overton (Silver Birch)
What We Have Been Up To
Here you will find all the exciting things we have been up to recently.
Thursday 9th November
On Thursday evening the year 6 children (dressed as evacuees) boarded a train from Balcombe station to Three Bridges. After a brisk walk to school they spent the evening playing games and singing songs from the 1940’s and then settled down for the night.
The next morning the children experienced what life would have been like living during the war. The girls enjoyed knitting, baking, sandwich making and basic first aid and the boys learnt knot tying, working in the woods and also how to treat burns and scalds.
After a delicious lunch (thank you girls!) we re-lived the war years thanks to the Rainbow Theatre Company. Friday ended with our evacuees being picked by some very lovely host families.